Friday, July 2, 2010

LOVE means SOMETIMES having to say "I WAS WRONG"


Some people, myself included, wondered how in the world I was going to keep up with Claire once she started crawling. Well, here's the solution: this old, ugly, worn out office chair that my husband found in the dumpster.

When he wheeled it into our front room more than a year ago, I thought "NO!!! NO more TRASH in our front room! We don't need another chair, this one's ugly, when am I ever going to use it???".

Well, I was wrong. It's the PERFECT chair for me as a mom. When Claire started rolling around, and I couldn't leave her on the couch anymore, I didn't know how I was going to manage with her on the floor all day. But lo and behold, the trashy black chair became my favorite piece of furniture. So, I had to tell my husband I was wrong. I hate that.

Anyways, here's out it works: when Claire is on the ground, and starts to whine for me to pick her up, or if I need to change/feed/cuddle her, I just mosie on over in the chair (wheels are great!), and lower my two hands, with pointer fingers extended and say "UP, UP". Claire obediently grabs my fingers, and I can easily pull her to a standing position, then pick her up onto my lap.

Sometimes being wrong is a good thing.

3 comments: